Thesaurus for access
Pronunciation of access: AE1 K S EH0 S ('æksɛs)
Number of syllables of access: 2
Pronunciation Video of access
Definition of access
- (n): the act of approaching or entering; "he gained access to the building"
- (n): a way of entering or leaving; "he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
- (n): (computer science) the operation of reading or writing stored information
- (n): the right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership)
- (n): the right to enter
- (v): reach or gain access to; "How does one access the attic in this house?"; "I cannot get to the T.V. antenna, even if I climb on the roof"
- (v): obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer
Examples of access
- Nowadays, the Internet allows you to access to any information that you want.
- They denied anyone access to military secrets.
- The access to the island is restricted.
- The access is restricted by the owner.
- Access to the Dowth site is unrestricted.
- Did he have access to the palimpsest
- This is the thesis of privileged access.
- Changelings have the innate ability to enter, access and explore the hedge.
- The basic problem was the lack of internet access back in the eighties.
- Who blocked the access to the site