Thesaurus for accommodate
Pronunciation of accommodate: AH0 K AA1 M AH0 D EY0 T
Number of syllables of accommodate: 4
Pronunciation Video of accommodate
Definition of accommodate
- (v): make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose; "Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
- (v): make compatible with; "The scientists had to accommodate the new results with the existing theories"
- (v): provide a service or favor for someone; "We had to oblige him"
- (v): provide with something desired or needed; "Can you accommodate me with a rental car?"
- (v): provide housing for; "We are lodging three foreign students this semester"
- (v): be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs"
- (v): have room for; hold without crowding; "This hotel can accommodate 250 guests"; "The theater admits 300 people"; "The auditorium can''t hold more than 500 people"