Thesaurus for accord
Pronunciation of accord: AH0 K AO1 R D (ə'kɔrd)
Number of syllables of accord: 2
Pronunciation Video of accord
Definition of accord
- (n): sympathetic compatibility
- (n): a written agreement between two states or sovereigns
- (n): concurrence of opinion; "we are in accord with your proposal"
- (n): harmony of people''s opinions or actions or characters; "the two parties were in agreement"
- (v): allow to have; "grant a privilege"
- (v): go together; "The colors don''t harmonize"; "Their ideas concorded"
Examples of accord
- He refused the Tripartite accord in 1985 and the Taef accord in 1989.
- The Church is the arbiter of accord.
- The pen and the sword in accord.
- The accord was signed in the aftermath of the war.
- The fall of the Accord indeed led to the second referendum on independence.
- The chypre accord is used in both male and female perfumery.
- The accord agreement must be transacted on a new agreement.
- He served as negotiator for the accord of the Constitutional Assembly of 1991.
- The accord led to the establishment of the African Union in 2002.
- We reached the accord after long discussion.