Pronunciation of acquisition: AE0 K W AH0 Z IH1 SH AH0 N (,ækwɪ'zɪʃən)
Number of syllables of acquisition: 4
Definition of acquisition
- (n): the act of contracting or assuming or acquiring possession of something; "the acquisition of wealth"; "the acquisition of one company by another"
- (n): an ability that has been acquired by training
- (n): the cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge; "the child''s acquisition of language"
- (n): something acquired; "a recent acquisition by the museum"
Examples of acquisition
- The final acquisition was the land.
- The Acquisition Plan is the master plan of the entire acquisition.
- Azariah presaged the acquisition of wealth.
- The terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- The second step in the forensic process is acquisition.
- Assess the achievement of the acquisition goal.
- Workforce issues stymie federal acquisition improvements.
- The acquisition was one of the largest leveraged buyouts.
- The date of acquisition of the shares remains unchanged.
- Epistemology is the study of knowledge and its acquisition.