Thesaurus for address
Pronunciation of address: AE1 D R EH0 S (ə'drɛs)
Number of syllables of address: 2
Pronunciation Video of address
Definition of address
- (n): social skill
- (n): the stance assumed by a golfer in preparation for hitting a golf ball
- (n): (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
- (n): written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location
- (n): a sign in front of a house or business carrying the conventional form by which its location is described
- (n): the manner of speaking to another individual; "he failed in his manner of address to the captain"
- (n): the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience; "he listened to an address on minor Roman poets"
- (n): the place where a person or organization can be found or communicated with
- (v): adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation fo hitting
- (v): speak to; "He addressed the crowd outside the window"
- (v): give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
- (v): speak to someone
- (v): put an address on (an envelope, for example)
- (v): deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- (v): direct a question at someone
- (v): address or apply oneself to something, direct one''s efforts towards something, such as a question
- (v): access or locate by address
- (v): greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name; "He always addresses me with `Sir''"; "Call me Mister"; "She calls him by first name"
Examples of address
- Address the layman first, the mathematician later.
- It appears that you inserted an e mail address correctly.
- You note the adjustment of the address.
- It was the address of the studio.
- Sometimes, the body includes the e mail address of the sender.
- I will not address the preternatural comment.
- The address is the address of the source.
- Can someone address this duplicate version expeditiously
- Copy the address into the buffer.
- The address is handled differently than the body of the message.