Thesaurus for administer
Pronunciation of administer: AH0 D M IH1 N AH0 S T ER0 (æd'mɪnɪstər)
Number of syllables of administer: 4
Pronunciation Video of administer
Definition of administer
- (v): give or apply (medications)
- (v): administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"
- (v): administer ritually; of church sacraments
- (v): work in an administrative capacity; supervise; "administer a program"
Examples of administer
- Mestizos inherited the privilege of helping the Spanish administer the country.
- The law created the NRA to administer the act.
- They administer this affluence for the benefit of all.
- The former enabled the King to effectively administer royal demesne land.
- Your job is to administer this site.
- Failure of the EPA to administer the law.
- You administer the vaccines in a fleshy part of the body.
- It was created in order to administer the annuity given to the schools.
- The members of the association administer the school on a voluntary basis.
- They also administer immunization and regular weighing of children.