Thesaurus for affect
Pronunciation of affect: AH0 F EH1 K T (ə'fɛkt)
Number of syllables of affect: 2
Pronunciation Video of affect
Definition of affect
- (n): the conscious subjective aspect of feeling or emotion
- (v): act physically on; have an effect upon
- (v): have an effect upon; "Will the new rules affect me?"
- (v): make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
- (v): have an emotional or cognitive impact upon; "This child impressed me as unusually mature"; "This behavior struck me as odd"
- (v): connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"