Thesaurus for agree
Pronunciation of agree: AH0 G R IY1
Number of syllables of agree: 2
Pronunciation Video of agree
Definition of agree
- (v): consent or assent to a condition, or agree to do something; "She agreed to all my conditions"; "He agreed to leave her alone"
- (v): be in accord; be in agreement; "We agreed on the terms of the settlement"; "I can''t agree with you!"; "I hold with those who say life is sacred"; "Both philosophers concord on this point"
- (v): achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose; "No two of my colleagues would agree on whom to elect chairman"
- (v): be agreeable or suitable; "White wine doesn''t agree with me"
- (v): be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don''t agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect''s fingerprints don''t match those on the gun"
- (v): go together; "The colors don''t harmonize"; "Their ideas concorded"
- (v): show grammatical agreement; "Subjects and verbs must always agree in English"