Thesaurus for agreement
Pronunciation of agreement: AH0 G R IY1 M AH0 N T (ə'grimənt)
Number of syllables of agreement: 3
Pronunciation Video of agreement
Definition of agreement
- (n): compatibility of observations; "there was no agreement between theory and measurement"; "the results of two tests were in correspondence"
- (n): the thing arranged or agreed to; "they made arrangements to meet in Chicago"
- (n): the statement (oral or written) of an exchange of promises; "they had an agreement that they would not interfere in each other''s business"; "there was an understanding between management and the workers"
- (n): the verbal act of agreeing
- (n): the determination of grammatical inflection on the basis of word relations
- (n): harmony of people''s opinions or actions or characters; "the two parties were in agreement"
Examples of agreement
- The agreement itself was impious.
- The deal modifies the previously signed but unfulfilled Wye agreement.
- The agreement came to fruition in 1991.
- So, the agreement was enforceable.
- The pope confirmed the agreement.
- I asked for a prenuptial agreement.
- So the agreement was enforceable.
- The agreement failed to materialize.
- As usual, the actuaries are in agreement.
- The accord agreement must be transacted on a new agreement.