Definition of aid
- (n): the work of caring for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needed constant attention"
- (n): the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
- (n): a resource; "visual aids in teaching"; "economic assistance to depressed areas"
- (n): a gift of money to support a worthy person or cause
- (v): improve the condition of; "These pills will help the patient"
- (v): give help or assistance; be of service; "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
Thesaurus for aid