Thesaurus for allocation
Pronunciation of allocation: AE0 L AH0 K EY1 SH AH0 N (,ælə'keɪʃən)
Number of syllables of allocation: 4
Pronunciation Video of allocation
Definition of allocation
- (n): (computer science) the assignment of particular areas of a magnetic disk to particular data or instructions
- (n): the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning; distribution according to a plan; "the apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives is based on the relative population of each state"
- (n): a share set aside for a specific purpose
Examples of allocation
- The allocation of duties and responibilities is done by the constitution.
- The allocation usually corresponds to the type of character played.
- Every year budgetary allocation is there for the procurement of medical books.
- The following table shows the seat allocation in the City Council.
- The allocation was challenged in the Supreme Court by Haryana.
- Again the first thing that happens is the allocation of the car.
- Likewise, the Aborigines practice renunciation in their allocation of property.
- The allocation of quaestors was supervised by the senate.
- The allocation of preferences was compulsory at the 1976 election.
- The Center also ceased its role in the allocation of funds.