Pronunciation of ancestry: AE1 N S EH0 S T R IY0 ('ænsɛstri)
Number of syllables of ancestry: 3
Definition of ancestry
Examples of ancestry
- But the ancestry of the Saint is irrelevant.
- This is the ancestry of the Chinese language.
- Stop aggravating the reputation of the ancestry.
- Also the issue on Nightbeat reveals the ancestry of the name.
- Humans share a common ancestry with the housefly.
- The ancestry and evolutionary relationships of the deinotheres remain obscure.
- The Arneja ancestry is of the Punjab and Sindh.
- The ancestry of the Shar Pei is uncertain.
- Thus, it is an amoeba of flagellate ancestry.
- A mongrel is something of mixed ancestry.