Thesaurus for anticipate
- expect, foresee, forestall, counter, previse, foreknow, predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, promise, look for, look to, act, await, come about, evaluate, fall out, go on, guess, hap, happen, hazard, judge, know, look, move, occur, pass, pass judgment, pass off, pretend, take place, venture, wait
Pronunciation of anticipate: AE0 N T IH1 S AH0 P EY0 T (æn'tɪsə,peɪt)
Number of syllables of anticipate: 4
Pronunciation Video of anticipate
Definition of anticipate
- (v): be a forerunner of or occur earlier than; "This composition anticipates Impressionism"
- (v): regard something as probable or likely; "The meteorologists are expecting rain for tomorrow"
- (v): realize beforehand
- (v): make a prediction about; tell in advance; "Call the outcome of an election"
- (v): be excited or anxious about
- (v): act in advance of; deal with ahead of time