Pronunciation of applause: AH0 P L AO1 Z (ə'plɔz)
Number of syllables of applause: 2
Pronunciation Video of applause
Examples of applause
- His generosity drew the applause of the multitude.
- Tom enters to the stage to rapturous applause.
- Damiens was then dismembered, to the applause of the crowd.
- Each float in passing received its meed of praise and applause.
- The performance was received with standing ovations and rapturous applause.
- He bowed as the applause crescendoed again.
- The applause that followed was thunderous.
- Also the applause of the public was considered.
- It received its meed of praise and applause.
- Jerry gets all the applause and the curtains fall.