Thesaurus for appreciation
Pronunciation of appreciation: AH0 P R IY0 SH IY0 EY1 SH AH0 N
Number of syllables of appreciation: 5
Pronunciation Video of appreciation
Definition of appreciation
- (n): an increase in price or value; "an appreciation of 30% in the value of real estate"
- (n): a favorable judgment; "a small token in admiration of your works"
- (n): delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values); "arrogance and lack of taste contributed to his rapid success"; "to ask at that particular time was the ultimate in bad taste"
- (n): understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something; "he has a good grasp of accounting practices"
- (n): an expression of gratitude; "he expressed his appreciation in a short note"