Thesaurus for arrive
Pronunciation of arrive: ER0 AY1 V (ə'raɪv)
Number of syllables of arrive: 2
Pronunciation Video of arrive
Definition of arrive
- (v): reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress; "She arrived home at 7 o''clock"; "She didn''t get to Chicago until after midnight"
- (v): succeed in a big way; get to the top; "After he published his book, he had arrived"; "I don''t know whether I can make it in science!"; "You will go far, my boy!"
Examples of arrive
- In the spring of 1858, the colonists began to arrive.
- By noon, they should arrive.
- The burgers arrive and are dry, carbonized and inedible.
- Write me a letter when you arrive.
- Miraculously, the Durians arrive and play the game.
- The cops arrive and arrest the crook.
- They arrive in the Valley of Mexico.
- The police arrive and arrest him for indecent exposure.
- The police arrive and arrest the thieves.
- The police arrive and the crowd disperses.