Pronunciation of assistance: AH0 S IH1 S T AH0 N S (ə'sɪstəns)
Number of syllables of assistance: 3
Pronunciation Video of assistance
Definition of assistance
- (n): the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
- (n): a resource; "visual aids in teaching"; "economic assistance to depressed areas"
Examples of assistance
- I really appreciate your assistance and judiciousness.
- He made the appeal with the assistance of a neighbor.
- Research assistance and secretarial support is also provided.
- This assistance is for the life of the graduate.
- Going back further requires the assistance of the proxy.
- Frankopan sought the assistance of the pope.
- The assistance was very heterogeneous.
- Many thanks for both the incentive and the assistance.
- This assistance is for the life of the grad.
- You'll need the assistance of a good realtor.