Pronunciation of attribute: AE1 T R AH0 B Y UW0 T
Number of syllables of attribute: 3
Definition of attribute
- (n): an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of an entity
- (n): a construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished; "self-confidence is not an endearing property"
- (v): attribute or credit to; "We attributed this quotation to Shakespeare"; "People impute great cleverness to cats"
- (v): decide as to where something belongs in a scheme; "The biologist assigned the mushroom to the proper class"
Examples of attribute
- We cannot attribute it to forgetfulness.
- Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- God's omniscience attribute is referenced in the God article.
- He thus equates womankind with the attribute of frailty.
- All process models attribute their roots to the flowchart.
- Amiability is a beautiful attribute to attain.
- Cite the sources and attribute the claims appropriately.
- Attribute the opinion to the author of the book.
- Sovereignty is an attribute of the state.
- I attribute the failure of the other ones to vendettas.