Thesaurus for band
Pronunciation of band: B AE1 N D (bænd)
Number of syllables of band: 1
Pronunciation Video of band
Definition of band
- (n): something elongated that is worn around the body or one of the limbs
- (n): a strip or stripe of a contrasting color or material
- (n): a restraint put around something to hold it together
- (n): a strip of material attached to the leg of a bird to identify it (as in studies of bird migration)
- (n): jewelry consisting of a circlet of precious metal (often set with jewels) worn on the finger; "she had rings on every finger"; "he noted that she wore a wedding band"
- (n): a stripe of contrasting color; "chromosomes exhibit characteristic bands"
- (n): a range of frequencies between two limits
- (n): an unofficial association of people or groups; "the smart set goes there"; "they were an angry lot"
- (n): instrumentalists not including string players
- (n): a group of musicians playing popular music for dancing
- (v): attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds"; "band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
- (v): bind or tie together, as with a band
Examples of band
- The band set up in a semicircle in the studio with one microphone.
- In many competitions, the band was acclaimed the best group of the year.
- The band is mentioned due to the genealogy of the group.
- The band Memento dedicated their set to Dave on the Ozzfest 2003 stage.
- The box set also included a special lithograph image of the band.
- The band played the remainder of their set with Abuelo visibly bleeding.
- He and the band visited the film set, soaking up the atmosphere.
- The band performed in the warehouse party scene in the movie Strange Days.
- The circlet is edged with a silver band set in brilliants.
- The band wanted the video to set the scene on the actual party.