Thesaurus for bargain
Pronunciation of bargain: B AA1 R G AH0 N ('bɑrgɪn)
Number of syllables of bargain: 2
Pronunciation Video of bargain
Definition of bargain
- (n): an agreement between parties (usually arrived at after discussion) fixing obligations of each; "he made a bargain with the devil"; "he rose to prominence through a series of shady deals"
- (n): an advantageous purchase; "she got a bargain at the auction"; "the stock was a real buy at that price"
- (v): come to terms; arrive at an agreement
- (v): negotiate the terms of an exchange; "We bargained for a beautiful rug in the bazaar"
Examples of bargain
- He insisted the bargain be written into the bill.
- However, he also captured the Turtles in the bargain.
- Why does the farmer need to bargain with the rancher
- The bargain reached an impasse on the very first issue.
- Karr turned down the plea bargain offer in the case.
- Bargain hunters prepare to swoop.
- The final department is the Bargain Bin.
- People were buying things at a bargain.
- The fisherman accepted the bargain, and released the Jinni.
- The prosecutors did not agree to the plea bargain.