Thesaurus for bear
- bear, give birth, deliver, birth, have, digest, endure, stick out, stomach, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up, turn out, take over, accept, assume, hold, carry, contain, yield, pay, wear, behave, acquit, deport, conduct, comport, have a bun in the oven, gestate, expect, act, allow, bring forth, bring in, clear, countenance, create, earn, feature, gain, have got, include, let, make, move, permit, produce, pull in, realise, realize, take, take in, transport
- related terms
Pronunciation of bear: B EH1 R
Number of syllables of bear: 1
Pronunciation Video of bear
Definition of bear
- (n): massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws
- (n): an investor with a pessimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to fall and so sells now in order to buy later at a lower price
- (v): have on one''s person; "He wore a red ribbon"; "bear a scar"
- (v): give birth (to a newborn); "My wife had twins yesterday!"
- (v): be pregnant with; "She is bearing his child"; "The are expecting another child in January"; "I am carrying his child"
- (v): put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- (v): move while holding up or supporting; "Bear gifts"; "bear a heavy load"; "bear news"; "bearing orders"
- (v): support or hold in a certain manner; "She holds her head high"; "He carried himself upright"
- (v): bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"; "The unidentified plant bore gorgeous flowers"
- (v): bring in; "interest-bearing accounts"; "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?"
- (v): take on as one''s own the expenses or debts of another person; "I''ll accept the charges"; "She agreed to bear the responsibility"
- (v): have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices; "She bears the title of Duchess"; "He held the governorship for almost a decade"
- (v): behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
- (v): have; "bear a resemblance"; "bear a signature"
- (v): contain or hold; have within; "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water"