Thesaurus for belly
Pronunciation of belly: B EH1 L IY0 ('bɛli)
Number of syllables of belly: 2
Pronunciation Video of belly
Definition of belly
- (n): the underpart of the body of certain vertebrates such as snakes or fish
- (n): a protruding abdomen
- (n): the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis
- (n): the hollow inside of something; "in the belly of the ship"
- (n): a part that bulges deeply; "the belly of a sail"
- (v): swell out or bulge out
Examples of belly
- The belly is smooth and mottled black and white.
- Jonah survived in the belly of the whale.
- The belly is granular and white or pale yellow.
- The belly is cream and the iris is golden.
- His belly was ballooning from the internal bleeding.
- People stared at his protuberant belly.
- The abdomen is aslo called as the belly.
- The back is flat and the belly is curved.
- The back is green and the belly is rufous.
- The belly is white and finely granular.