Thesaurus for bind
Pronunciation of bind: B AY1 N D
Number of syllables of bind: 1
Pronunciation Video of bind
Definition of bind
- (n): something that hinders as if with bonds
- (v): cause to be constipated; "These foods tend to constipate you"
- (v): form a chemical bond with; "The hydrogen binds the oxygen"
- (v): bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted; "He''s held by a contract"; "I''ll hold you by your promise"
- (v): fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord; "They tied their victim to the chair"
- (v): secure with or as if with ropes; "tie down the prisoners"; "tie up the old newspapes and bring them to the recycling shed"
- (v): make fast; tie or secure, with or as if with a rope; "The Chinese would bind the feet of their women"
- (v): wrap around with something so as to cover or enclose
- (v): provide with a binding; "bind the books in leather"
- (v): stick to firmly; "Will this wallpaper adhere to the wall?"
- (v): create social or emotional ties; "The grandparents want to bond with the child"