Thesaurus for birth
Pronunciation of birth: B ER1 TH (bɜrθ)
Number of syllables of birth: 1
Pronunciation Video of birth
Definition of birth
- (n): the event of being born; "they celebrated the birth of their first child"
- (n): the process of giving birth
- (n): the kinship relation of an offspring to the parents
- (n): the time when something begins (especially life); "they divorced after the birth of the child"; "his election signaled the birth of a new age"
- (v): give birth (to a newborn); "My wife had twins yesterday!"
Examples of birth
- The woman continues with the prescribed medicines until the child birth.
- She died in the following year after the birth of a stillborn child.
- At birth, a horoscope is made for the child based on the position of the stars.
- The film shows the birth of the child in extremely graphic detail.
- The parent loves the child unconditionally at the moment of its birth.
- The books center around a prophecy that foretells the birth of the Star Child.
- Was the pregnancy and the birth of the child good news for her
- With the birth of each child, the parents suffered the same spiritual demotion.
- The midwife tells her in the middle of the birth that her child is a boy.
- There is a festal celebration for the birth of the child.