Thesaurus for book
- volume, record, record book, script, playscript, ledger, leger, account book, book of account, rule book, Koran, Quran, al-Qur'an, Book, Bible, Christian Bible, Good Book, Holy Scripture, Holy Writ, Scripture, Word of God, Word, accumulation, aggregation, assemblage, collection, dramatic composition, dramatic work, fact, product, production, publication, religious text, religious writing, sacred text, sacred writing, section, subdivision
Pronunciation of book: B UH1 K
Number of syllables of book: 1
Pronunciation Video of book
Definition of book
- (n): the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
- (n): a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone; "Al Smith used to say, `Let''s look at the record''"; "his name is in all the recordbooks"
- (n): a written version of a play or other dramatic composition; used in preparing for a performance
- (n): a collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made; "they run things by the book around here"
- (n): a record in which commercial accounts are recorded; "they got a subpoena to examine our books"
- (v): engage for a performance; "Her agent had booked her for several concerts in Tokyo"
- (v): record a charge in a police register; "The policeman booked her when she tried to solicit a man"
- (v): arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance; "reserve me a seat on a flight"; "The agent booked tickets to the show for the whole family"; "please hold a table at Maxim''s"
- (v): register in a hotel booker
Examples of book
- The plot of the book follows the description of the conquest previously given.
- The crest comprises the book of learning and the star of knowledge.
- The Book of Jacob is the third book of the Book of Mormon.
- This book dealt with the subject of the knowledge of the unseen.
- The book is still in print in the US and the UK.
- The open book represents the thirst for knowledge.
- The book was a sensation, especially the description of the Tahitian society.
- The main context of the book based on spiritual and metaphysical knowledge.
- It is the pity that the book is out of print.
- In the book the illustration differs slightly from the description.