Pronunciation of bottom: B AA1 T AH0 M ('bɑtəm)
Number of syllables of bottom: 2
Definition of bottom
- (n): a cargo ship; "they did much of their overseas trade in foreign bottoms"
- (n): the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- (n): the lower side of anything
- (n): the lowest part of anything; "they started at the bottom of the hill"
- (n): a depression forming the ground under a body of water; "he searched for treasure on the ocean bed"
- (n): low-lying alluvial land near a river
- (n): the second half of an inning; while the home team is at bat
- (v): come to understand
- (v): strike the ground, as with a ship''s bottom
- (v): provide with a bottom or a seat; "bottom the chairs"
- (s): the lowest rank; "bottom member of the class"
- (s): at the bottom; lowest or last; "the bottom price"
Examples of bottom
- It just has a camera dropping down to the bottom of the mineshaft.
- The attendant winds down the ring rails to the bottom.
- The bottom of the base is corrugated, the bottom of the trays are corrugated.
- Somewhere down the bottom of the page.
- A triangulate plate is attached to the bottom of the base.
- At the bottom, the capsule is slowed down with gradual deceleration.
- The base and upstanding sides abut the bottom and adjacent sides of the rack.
- The winding key was located at the bottom of the lamp base.
- The base cards on the top and bottom of the columns are turned sideways.
- The openings extend down to the base of the interior convex bottom wall.