Thesaurus for broadcast
Pronunciation of broadcast: B R AO1 D K AE0 S T ('brɔd,kæst)
Number of syllables of broadcast: 2
Pronunciation Video of broadcast
Definition of broadcast
- (n): message that is transmitted by radio or television
- (n): a radio or television show; "did you see his program last night?"
- (v): cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
- (v): broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television; "We cannot air this X-rated song"
- (v): sow over a wide area, especially by hand; "broadcast seeds"
Examples of broadcast
- The first was the cancellation of the network broadcast in 1952.
- Footage of the President vomiting was broadcast on the ABC network.
- The election was all but over, but still no television network had broadcast the news.
- Sylvan Lake has no broadcast television stations in the vicinity of the town.
- In 1985, he became the anchorman for the stations new Sunrise news broadcast.
- The wedding was broadcast on network coverage of the globe in the carnival.
- Most television stations broadcast news both in English and Korean.
- This is the first national broadcast bulletin of the news of the shooting.
- The concert will be broadcast live on television.
- The anchor reads the news while the visual is broadcast simultaneously.