Thesaurus for brook
Pronunciation of brook: B R UH1 K (brʊk)
Number of syllables of brook: 1
Pronunciation Video of brook
Definition of brook
- (n): a natural stream of water smaller than a river (and often a tributary of a river); "the creek dried up every summer"
- (v): put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
Examples of brook
- There is brook in my town.
- The brook reaches the Ashuelot River at the village of Winchester.
- The boundary was the Stirrup Brook.
- The stream is formed by the juncture of Cascade Brook and Flume Brook.
- Brook trout thrive in the upper reaches of the stream.
- The heart of the town is at the junction of the River Roch and Ealees Brook.
- The headwaters of the brook are variously given.
- The Ellen brook and Swan River meet in the northeastern corner of the suburb.
- Everyone sat down in a lather by the brook.
- An anchorite is sitting aside of a brook.