Thesaurus for buy
Definition of buy
- (n): an advantageous purchase; "she got a bargain at the auction"; "the stock was a real buy at that price"
- (v): accept as true; "I can''t buy this story"
- (v): obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction; "The family purchased a new car"; "The conglomerate acquired a new company"; "She buys for the big department store"
- (v): acquire by trade or sacrifice or exchange; "She wanted to buy his love with her dedication to him and his work"
- (v): make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence; "This judge can be bought"
- (v): be worth or be capable of buying; "This sum will buy you a ride on the train"