Thesaurus for cede
Pronunciation of cede: S IY1 D (sid)
Number of syllables of cede: 1
Pronunciation Video of cede
Definition of cede
Examples of cede
- Etymology. cede and compare accede etc.
- They never agreed to cede any of their land.
- I'll cede that particular project to you...
- That is one that I will not cede.
- The government of Czechoslovakia agreed to cede the territory.
- As the new kid here I will gladly cede the point if that's the consensus.
- I will gladly cede you this point.
- Cession, or to cede, is the assignment of property to another entity.
- In cases like this I cede the field.
- The Austrians were reluctant to cede the designated territories.