Thesaurus for celebrate
Pronunciation of celebrate: S EH1 L AH0 B R EY0 T ('sɛlə,breɪt)
Number of syllables of celebrate: 3
Pronunciation Video of celebrate
Definition of celebrate
- (v): assign great social importance to; "The film director was celebrated all over Hollywood"; "The tenor was lionized in Vienna"
- (v): have a celebration; "They were feting the patriarch of the family"; "After the exam, the students were celebrating"
- (v): celebrate, as of holidays or rites; "Keep the commandments"; "celebrate Christmas"; "Observe Yom Kippur"
Examples of celebrate
- We celebrate the rebirth of Jesus.
- They are about to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary.
- To celebrate your promotion, I will treat you next week.
- The people celebrate the wedding.
- Believers should celebrate in the assurance of salvation.
- The whole Ebony article was to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Thriller.
- His legendary activities celebrate his fecklessness and irresponsibility.
- Therefore, cherish the connections, celebrate and respect the differences.
- In the country and town, people celebrate it heartily.
- Shouldn't more wineries celebrate its mellowness