Pronunciation of choose: CH UW1 Z (tʃuz)
Number of syllables of choose: 1
Definition of choose
- (v): pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives; "Take any one of these cards"; "Choose a good husband for your daughter"; "She selected a pair of shoes from among the dozen the salesgirl had shown her"
- (v): select as an alternative; choose instead; prefer as an alternative; "I always choose the fish over the meat courses in this restaurant"; "She opted for the job on the East coast"
- (v): see fit or proper to act in a certain way; decide to act in a certain way; "She chose not to attend classes and now she failed the exam"
Examples of choose
- Why did you choose to become a ranger
- If you choose the first option, I think that's Quixotic and silly.
- This give teams the choice to choose the level competitiveness to compete in.
- Choose the analogy of your liking.
- For boiling, choose those that have milt.
- The option of the body of electors to choose verbal voting was ended in 1621.
- Sometimes the selection to choose from is pitiful.
- Also, some people choose to forgo the tram.
- Sherman would choose the tureen.
- The example you choose leaves me incredulous.