Thesaurus for circle
- set, band, lot, lap, circuit, traffic circle, rotary, roundabout, R-2, Mexican valium, rophy, rope, roofy, roach, forget me drug, dress circle, round, ellipse, flunitrazepan, form, junction, locomotion, oval, Rohypnol, rotating mechanism, seating, seating area, seating room, seats, shape, social group, travel
Definition of circle
- (n): movement once around a course; "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
- (n): any circular or rotating mechanism; "the machine punched out metal circles"
- (n): a curved section or tier of seats in a hall or theater or opera house; usually the first tier above the orchestra; "they had excellent seats in the dress circle"
- (n): street names for flunitrazepan
- (n): a road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island; "the accident blocked all traffic at the rotary"
- (n): an unofficial association of people or groups; "the smart set goes there"; "they were an angry lot"
- (n): ellipse in which the two axes are of equal length; a plane curve generated by one point moving at a constant distance from a fixed point; "he calculated the circumference of the circle"
- (n): something approximating the shape of a circle; "the chairs were arranged in a circle"
- (v): form a circle around; "encircle the errors"
- (v): travel around something; "circle the globe"
- (v): move in circles
- (v): be around; "Developments surround the town"; "The river encircles the village"