Thesaurus for circulate
Pronunciation of circulate: S ER1 K Y AH0 L EY0 T ('sɜrkjə,leɪt)
Number of syllables of circulate: 3
Pronunciation Video of circulate
Definition of circulate
- (v): cause to move around; "circulate a rumor"
- (v): cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
- (v): become widely known and passed on; "the rumor spread"; "the story went around in the office"
- (v): move around freely; "She circulates among royalty"
- (v): move through a space, circuit or system, returning to the starting point; "Blood circulates in my veins"; "The air here does not circulate"
- (v): cause to move in a circuit or system; "The fan circulates the air in the room"
- (v): cause to be distributed; "This letter is circulating among the faculty"
- (v): move in circles
Examples of circulate
- The slats permit breezes to circulate.
- Several versions circulate according to the origin of the naming of the club.
- They don't circulate though no more.
- Please feel free to circulate it.
- Stories are told and begin to circulate.
- It is to go round to circulate.
- They don't circulate in Somaliland.
- Several stories circulate as to the origin of the name.
- Spanish coinage continued to circulate.
- Unofficial copies of the screenplay circulate on the Internet.