Thesaurus for circumstances
Pronunciation of circumstances: S ER1 K AH0 M S T AE0 N S AH0 Z
Number of syllables of circumstances: 4
Pronunciation Video of circumstances
Definition of circumstances
- (n): a person''s financial situation (good or bad); "he found himself in straitened circumstances"
- (n): your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"
- (n): the state (usually personal) with regard to wealth; "each person was helped according to his circumstances"
Examples of circumstances
- The context is the circumstances surrounding the situation.
- He is somewhat abashed of both circumstances.
- Under the circumstances, the result was predictable.
- It faced difficult and unanticipated circumstances.
- The circumstances surrounding the recording were fortuitous.
- It didn't seem fathomable under any circumstances.
- The circumstances of the crash are unclear.
- In the circumstances, this is inexcusable.
- The block is legitimate given the circumstances.
- His incivility under the circumstances is excusable.