Thesaurus for cite
Pronunciation of cite: S AY1 T (saɪt)
Number of syllables of cite: 1
Pronunciation Video of cite
Definition of cite
- (v): call in an official matter, such as to attend court
- (v): advance evidence for
- (v): commend; "he was cited for his outstanding achievements"
- (v): repeat a passage from; "He quoted the Bible to her"
- (v): refer to for illustration or proof; "He said he could quote several instances of this behavior"
- (v): make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
- (v): refer to; "he referenced his colleagues'' work"