Thesaurus for clasp
Pronunciation of clasp: K L AE1 S P
Number of syllables of clasp: 1
Pronunciation Video of clasp
Definition of clasp
- (n): the act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
- (n): a fastener (as a buckle or hook) that is used to hold two things together
- (v): hold firmly and tightly
- (v): grasp firmly; "The child clasped my hands"
- (v): fasten with a buckle or buckles
- (v): fasten with or as if with a brooch