Thesaurus for commune
Pronunciation of commune: K AA1 M Y UW0 N ('kɑmjun)
Number of syllables of commune: 2
Pronunciation Video of commune
Definition of commune
- (n): a body of people or families living together and sharing everything
- (n): the smallest administrative district of several European countries
- (v): communicate intimately with; be in a state of heightened, intimate receptivity; "He seemed to commune with nature"
- (v): receive Communion, in the Catholic church
Examples of commune
- The commune borders the department of the Eure.
- The area of the commune is hectares.
- The commune includes the locality of Antihuala.
- Brusque is a commune in the Aveyron department in southern France.
- Nosy Varika is a town and commune in Madagascar.
- The Bourbince flows through the middle of the commune.
- Candor is a commune in the Oise department in northern France.
- Le Martinet is a commune in the Gard department in southern France.
- Chilly is a commune in the Ardennes department in northern France.
- The commune spans a landlocked area of.