Thesaurus for commute
Pronunciation of commute: K AH0 M Y UW1 T (kə'mjut)
Number of syllables of commute: 2
Pronunciation Video of commute
Definition of commute
- (v): exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category; "Could you convert my dollars into pounds?"; "He changed his name"; "convert centimeters into inches"; "convert holdings into shares"
- (v): exchange a penalty for a less severe one
- (v): change the order or arrangement of; "Dyslexics often transpose letters in a word"
- (v): transpose and remain equal in value; "These operators commute with each other"
- (v): travel back and forth regularly, as between one''s place of work and home
Examples of commute
- Most of the workers commute to the agglomeration of Basel and into Frick.
- In other words, the triangle and square in the following diagram commute.
- The majority of the working population commute to Cardiff, Penarth and Barry.
- Snow and ice could snarl morning commute.
- In flat spacetime, the derivatives commute and the curvature is zero.
- Most of the employed people who live in the village commute to work.
- She participated in the Global Night Commute in the Cesar Chavez park.
- The rest of the workers commute from the rural.
- People in fact commute from the suburbs to downtown and back all the time.
- The largest impact for me will be the commute.