- (n): an institution created to conduct business; "he only invests in large well-established companies"; "he started the company in his garage"
- (n): a unit of firefighters including their equipment; "a hook-and-ladder company"
- (n): a social gathering of guests or companions; "the house was filled with company when I arrived"
- (n): organization of performers and associated personnel (especially theatrical); "the traveling company all stayed at the same hotel"
- (n): small military unit; usually two or three platoons
- (n): crew of a ship including the officers; the whole force or personnel of a ship
- (n): a band of people associated temporarily in some activity; "they organized a party to search for food"; "the company of cooks walked into the kitchen"
- (n): a social or business visitor; "the room was a mess because he hadn''t expected company"
- (n): the state of being with someone; "he missed their company"; "he enjoyed the society of his friends"
- (v): be a companion to somebody