Thesaurus for compose
Pronunciation of compose: K AH0 M P OW1 Z (kəm'poʊz)
Number of syllables of compose: 2
Pronunciation Video of compose
Definition of compose
- (v): draw up the plans or basic details for; "frame a policy"
- (v): put together out of existing material; "compile a list"
- (v): produce a literary work; "She composed a poem"; "He wrote four novels"
- (v): write music; "Beethoven composed nine symphonies"
- (v): calm (someone, especially oneself); make quiet; "She had to compose herself before she could reply to this terrible insult"
- (v): form the substance of; "Greed and ambition composed his personality"
Examples of compose
- The result is the detection of the tastes that compose the human palate.
- Giuseppe Verdi was appointed to compose the music.
- The differences, assuming the carrier is the same, will compose the payload.
- This marked the start of a frenetic urge to compose new material.
- The idol is made up of 10008 Saligram that compose the reclining Vishnu.
- The compose of mean girl, handsome and fearless and the short and strange.
- The size of the treatment is the number of pairs that compose the treatment.
- He began to compose music for the theatre in 1914.
- Together with the sloths, they compose the order Pilosa.
- The challenge is to compose the rest of the composition.