Thesaurus for conceive
Pronunciation of conceive: K AH0 N S IY1 V
Number of syllables of conceive: 2
Pronunciation Video of conceive
Definition of conceive
- (v): become pregnant; undergo conception; "She cannot conceive"; "My daughter was conceived in Christmas Day"
- (v): judge or regard; look upon; judge; "I think he is very smart"; "I believe her to be very smart"; "I think that he is her boyfriend"; "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
- (v): have the idea for; "He conceived of a robot that would help paralyzed patients"; "This library was well conceived"
Examples of conceive
- They are married and conceive a child together.
- It was even forbidden to conceive their thoughts.
- The man allows ejaculation only when the lovers plan to conceive.
- I conceive it to be true.
- He was the one to conceive the Chiropractic philosophy.
- Robert and Evelyn Foehl were the first to conceive of the hotel.
- Buddy and Maggie try to conceive.
- Never did they conceive the philosophy.
- Inventor Peter Crosthwaite was the first to conceive of a stone xylophone.
- How can anybody conceive of such insensitivity on the part of the Nhl