Thesaurus for concern
Pronunciation of concern: K AH0 N S ER1 N
Number of syllables of concern: 2
Pronunciation Video of concern
Definition of concern
- (n): something that interests you because it is important or affects you; "the safety of the ship is the captain''s concern"
- (n): something or someone that causes anxiety; a source of unhappiness; "New York traffic is a constant concern"; "it''s a major worry"
- (n): a feeling of sympathy for someone or something; "She felt strong concern for those less fortunate"
- (n): an anxious feeling; "care had aged him"; "they hushed it up out of fear of public reaction"
- (n): a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it; "he bought his brother''s business"; "a small mom-and-pop business"; "a racially integrated business concern"
- (v): have to do with or be relevant to; "There were lots of questions referring to her talk"; "My remark pertained to your earlier comments"
- (v): be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant"
Examples of concern
- My main concern is keeping vexation litigants away.
- The main concern was the backward compatibility.
- The issue of collusion is still a concern.
- The main concern is the propellant.
- A bigger concern is avoiding moralizing and advertising.
- Precautions and warnings are more of the concern.
- The montage is not the only concern.
- The area of concern is the molecular clock.
- The regulations concern the use of the mark.
- The article is correct, the concern is misplaced.