Thesaurus for concord
Pronunciation of concord: K AA1 N K AO0 R D
Number of syllables of concord: 2
Pronunciation Video of concord
Definition of concord
- (n): capital of the state of New Hampshire; located in south central New Hampshire on the Merrimack river
- (n): the determination of grammatical inflection on the basis of word relations
- (n): a harmonious state of things in general and of their properties (as of colors and sounds); congruity of parts with one another and with the whole
- (v): be in accord; be in agreement; "We agreed on the terms of the settlement"; "I can''t agree with you!"; "I hold with those who say life is sacred"; "Both philosophers concord on this point"
- (v): arrange the words of a text so as to create a concordance; "The team concorded several thousand nouns, verbs, and adjectives"
- (v): arrange by concord or agreement; "Concord the conditions for the marriage of the Prince of Wales with a commoner"
- (v): go together; "The colors don''t harmonize"; "Their ideas concorded"
Examples of concord
- Concord is an example of correct foreknowledge.
- Concord developed rapidly after the arrival of the railroad.
- Concord recorded a wind gust of during the height of the storm.
- A debilitated Beth nears death, and Jo returns to Concord.
- He is the president of the People's Concord of Montenegro.
- The concord cemented the split with the Calvinists.
- The range is part of the Concord Mountains.
- The concord is separated from the possessed.
- The legislature picked Concord as the location in 1816.
- The library is adjacent to the Concord Civic Center.