Thesaurus for confine
Definition of confine
- (v): place limits on (extent or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- (v): restrict or confine, "I limit you to two visits to the pub a day"
- (v): to close within bounds, limit or hold back from movement; "This holds the local until the express passengers change trains"; "About a dozen animals were held inside the stockade"; "The illegal immigrants were held at a detention center"; "The terrorists h
- (v): prevent from leaving or from being removed
- (v): deprive of freedom; take into confinement
- (v): close in or confine