Thesaurus for consequent
Pronunciation of consequent: K AA1 N S AH0 K W AH0 N T ('kɑnsə,kwɛnt)
Number of syllables of consequent: 3
Pronunciation Video of consequent
Definition of consequent
Examples of consequent
- Conditional introduction assumes the antecedent of the consequent.
- The consequent behaviors of the corresponding men are dissimilar, however.
- In the above sentence, you are assuming the consequent.
- The consequent is obviously false.
- The consequent growth in population increased the demand for clergymen.
- This is the affirmation of the consequent fallacy.
- The appearance of the stone is the result, the consequent physical reaction.
- The consequent evolution of the two stubs is trivial.
- The consequent eroticism in the sculpture made it controversial.
- Later, you reversed the antecedent and consequent in justifying the step.