Thesaurus for consider
- see, consider, reckon, view, regard, study, take, deal, look at, count, weigh, debate, moot, turn over, deliberate, think, believe, conceive, analyse, analyze, canvas, canvass, chew over, contemplate, discuss, evaluate, examine, excogitate, hash out, judge, look, meditate, mull, mull over, muse, pass judgment, ponder, reflect, ruminate, speculate, talk over, think about, think over
Pronunciation of consider: K AH0 N S IH1 D ER0
Number of syllables of consider: 3
Pronunciation Video of consider
Definition of consider
- (v): judge or regard; look upon; judge; "I think he is very smart"; "I believe her to be very smart"; "I think that he is her boyfriend"; "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
- (v): deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don''t see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
- (v): regard or treat with consideration, respect, and esteem; "Please consider your family"
- (v): take into consideration for exemplifying purposes; "Take the case of China"; "Consider the following case"
- (v): think about carefully; weigh; "They considered the possibility of a strike"; "Turn the proposal over in your mind"
- (v): show consideration for; take into account; "You must consider her age"; "The judge considered the offender''s youth and was lenient"
- (v): look at carefully; study mentally; "view a problem"
- (v): look at attentively
- (v): give careful consideration to; "consider the possibility of moving"