Thesaurus for construct
Pronunciation of construct: K AH0 N S T R AH1 K T
Number of syllables of construct: 2
Pronunciation Video of construct
Definition of construct
- (n): an abstract or general idea inferred or derived from specific instances
- (v): reassemble mentally; "reconstruct the events of 20 years ago"
- (v): draw with suitable instruments and under specified conditions; "construct an equilateral triangle"
- (v): put together out of components or parts; "the company fabricates plastic chairs"; "They manufacture small toys"
- (v): make by combining materials and parts; "this little pig made his house out of straw"; "Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
- (v): create by organizing and linking ideas, arguments, or concepts; "construct a proof"; "construct an argument"
- (v): create by linking linguistic units; "construct a sentence"; "construct a paragraph"
Examples of construct
- The other is partially fake, hysterical, and an imitative construct.
- Social construct and the propensity for software piracy is a big issue nowadays.
- Assent was granted to construct the line under the Act.
- The remainder of the home was demolished to construct the current mansion.
- It is a pragmatic construct, not an inviolate promise.
- The work was to construct the windows.
- Which is not to deny the seriousness of the construct.
- The firm hired the American Bridge Company to construct the bridge.
- She showed a little aptitude when she construct the building.
- The bats chew the fronds of the palms to construct fairly simple tents.