Thesaurus for contribute
Pronunciation of contribute: K AH0 N T R IH1 B Y UW0 T (kən'trɪbjut)
Number of syllables of contribute: 3
Pronunciation Video of contribute
Definition of contribute
- (v): provide; "The city has to put up half the required amount"
- (v): contribute to some cause; "I gave at the office"
- (v): bestow a quality on; "Her presence lends a certain cachet to the company"; "The music added a lot to the play"; "She brings a special atmosphere to our meetings"; "This adds a light note to the program"
- (v): be conducive to; "The use of computers in the classroom lead to better writing"
Examples of contribute
- Is to contribute in the effort to give the real picture of the era.
- The profile enhancements contribute to the project's budget.
- Does the user contribute positively to the project
- We largely and lastingly contribute to the society.
- Let's not contribute to the hysteria.
- I contribute on aeronautic, maritime and history subjects.
- Contribute in the creation of a decent videogame.
- Anonymity is part of the appeal to contribute.
- This is praiseworthy because of what we contribute to.
- The introspection illusion appeared to contribute to this effect.