Thesaurus for create
Pronunciation of create: K R IY0 EY1 T (kri'eɪt)
Number of syllables of create: 2
Pronunciation Video of create
Definition of create
- (v): make or cause to be or to become; "make a mess in one''s office"; "create a furor"
- (v): create or manufacture a man-made product; "We produce more cars than we can sell"; "The company has been making toys for two centuries"
- (v): create by artistic means; "create a poem"; "Schoenberg created twelve-tone music"; "Picasso created Cubism"; "Auden made verses"
- (v): pursue a creative activity; be engaged in a creative activity; "Don''t disturb him--he is creating"
- (v): bring into existence; "The company was created 25 years ago"; "He created a new movement in painting"
- (v): invest with a new title, office, or rank; "Create one a peer"
Examples of create
- The stories interweave to create a puzzle effect.
- Does the smoke create carcinogens
- There is nothing to create disharmony.
- He observed that violence create retrogression.
- The goal is to create a superhuman.
- To envisage and create a homely atmosphere.
- I did not create either of the incised categories.
- The application can also create TIFF files.
- The movement helped to create the intellectual framework.
- He had the ability to create holographic images.